Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Reflecting On The Essay

When I look back at The Alchemist essay, I see an improvement in between the two essays. This was caused by many factors, some of them I don't know. The factor I know that has made me improve was my readiness and understanding of the text that we were reading. In the Julius Caesar essay I was prepared because I went through my time at home to look for the quotes that I would use for my essay and thought how to explain it. For The Alchemist essay I wasn't prepared at all. At the time I was pretty lazy so I didn't come in for help when I didn't understand and that is why my Alchemist essay got an 'NP'. In terms of ideas, I think that my ideas were straight forward in the Alchemist but the Julius Caesar essay about Brutus was detailed in describing all the quotes and personality that is shown in them.

I believe that the organization aspect for my Julius Caesar essay was at the peak of any other work I had. In the case for the Alchemist, I didn't do much thinking into it. If I could improve on the Alchemist, I would have came in for help but sadly I am very lazy. For a good grade on any essay, I would advise those that need help to go and ask for help and be prepared for an essay that you already know is coming up.

Reason Critically would be the best Schoolwide Learning Result for this current essay. This is because with alot of quotes I couldn't leave it hanging there. I had to describe and show that the quotes that I chose have a reason for why I chose it. Without the details in there then the quote would make the paragraph make no sense. Reasoning Critically was needed and used in the essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment